查看: 32272|回复: 0

美文赏析--the Rainbow

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

online_member 发表于 2018-4-24 20:18:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自: 湖南省株洲市 电信/帝联信息科技电信CDN节点
  The Colors of the Rainbow
  Once upon a time the colors of the world started to quarrel. All claimed that they were the best. The most important. The most useful. The most beautiful. The most favorite.
  很久以前,世上的各种颜色开始争吵不休。他们都称自己是最棒、最重要、最有用、最漂亮、最受人喜爱的色彩。
  Green said, “Clearly I am the most important. I am the sign of life and of hope. I was chosen for grass, trees and leaves. Without me, all animals would die. Look over the countryside and you will see that I am in the majority.”
  绿色说:“显而易见,我是最重要的。我是生命和希望的象征。我被选作小草、树木和叶子的颜色。要是没有我,所有的动物就会死亡。放眼乡郊,你会看到我是主色。”
  Blue interrupted, “You only think about the earth, but consider the sky and the sea. It is the water that is the basis of life and drawn up by the clouds from the deep sea. The sky gives space and peace and serenity. Without my peace, you would all be nothing.”
  蓝色插嘴说:“你只考虑了陆地,还是想想天空和海洋吧! 水才是生命的基本要素,云将水分从深海带到天空。天空给了我们空间、平静和宁谧。要是没有我蓝色的平静,你们所有颜色都将什么也不是。”
  Yellow chuckled, “You are all so serious. I bring laughter, gaiety, and warmth into the world. The sun is yellow, the moon is yellow, and the stars are yellow. Every time you look at a sunflower, the whole world starts to smile. Without me there would be no fun.”
  黄色咯咯笑道:“你们都太严肃啦!我给世界带来了笑声、欢乐和温暖。太阳是黄色的,月亮是黄色的,繁星也是黄色的。每当你注视一朵向日葵花,你眼前的整个世界都在绽放微笑。要是没有我,世界就没有欢乐。”
  Orange started next to blow her trumpet, “I am the color of health and strength. I may be scarce, but I am precious for I serve the needs of human life. I carry the most important vitamins. Think of carrots, pumpkins, oranges, mangoes, and papayas. I don't hang around all the time, but when I fill the sky at sunrise or sunset, my beauty is so striking that no one gives another thought to any of you.”
  橙色紧接着自吹自擂起来:“我是健康和力量的颜色。我可能很罕见,但我很珍贵,因为我满足了人类的生存需求。我身上含有最重要的维生素,想一想胡萝卜、南瓜、橙子、芒果和木瓜就知道啦。我虽不是到处可见,但每当日升日落,我为天空上色时,人们看到我的美惊艳绝伦,根本想不起你们中的任何一种颜色。”
  Red could stand it no longer that he shouted out, “I am the ruler of all of you. I am blood—life's blood! I am the color of danger and of bravery. I am willing to fight for a cause. I bring fire into the blood. Without me, the earth would be as empty as the moon. I am the color of passion and of love, the red rose, the poinsettia and the poppy.”
  红色此时忍无可忍,喊道:“我是你们的统治者。我是血—生命的鲜血!我是危险和勇气的颜色。我愿为理想而战。我将狂热注入血液。如果没有我,地球会像月球一样毫无生气。我是激情与爱的颜色,是红玫瑰、一品红和罂粟花之色。”
  Purple rose up to his full height. He was very tall and spoke with great pomp: “I am the color of royalty and power. Kings, chiefs, and bishops have always chosen me for I am the sign of authority and wisdom. People do not question me! They listen and obey.”
  紫色起身站直。他个头很高,讲话掷地有声:“我是皇室和权利的颜色。国王、首领、主教总是很青睐我,因为我是权威和智慧的象征。人们从不质疑我! 他们总是听我的话,服从我的命令。”
  Finally Indigo spoke, much more quietly than all the others, but with just as much determination: “Think of me. I am the color of silence. You hardly notice me, but without me you all become superficial. I represent thought and reflection, twilight and deep water. You need me for balance and contrast, for prayer and inner peace.”
  最后,靛蓝色说话了,声音比其他所有色彩都从容许多,但同样斩钉截铁:“你们想想我。我是沉默之色。你们很少注意我,但少了我,你们都会变得肤浅。我代表着思考与反省、暮色和深海。你们需要我来平衡色彩和对比反差,需要我来做祷告,获得内心的平静。”
  And so the colors went on boasting, each convinced of his or her own superiority. Their quarreling became louder and louder. Suddenly there was a startling flash of bright lightening, thunder rolled and boomed. Rain started to pour down relentlessly. The colors crouched down in fear, drawing close to one another for comfort.
  就这样,所有的颜色继续自我吹捧,个个都对自己的优越深信不疑。他们的争吵声变得越来越大。突然,空中出现一道耀眼的闪电,接着雷声轰鸣,隆隆作响。大雨开始毫不留情地倾盆而下,各种颜色恐惧地蜷缩在一起,彼此依偎,寻求安慰。
  In the midst of the clamor, rain began to speak. “You foolish colors, fighting amongst yourselves, each trying to dominate the rest. Don't you know that you were each made for a special purpose, unique and different? Join hands with one another and come to me.”
  在一片喧闹声中,雨开口说话了:“你们这些愚蠢的颜色,相互争斗,都想主导其他色彩。难道你们不知道每个颜色都有自己存在的特殊意义,都是独一无二、与众不同的吗?拉着彼此的手,到我这里来。”
  Doing as they were told, the colors united and joined hands.
  按照雨的指示,七种颜色聚到一起,手拉着手。
  The rain continued, “From now on, when it rains, each of you will stretch across the sky in a great bow of color as a reminder that you can all live in peace.” And so, whenever a good rain washes the world and a rainbow appears in the sky, to let us remember to appreciate one another.
  雨继续说道:“从现在开始,每当下雨时,你们每种颜色都要伸展身体横跨于空中,形成一抹漂亮的色彩弧以提醒自己你们七色可以和平共处。”所以,每当一场大雨洗刷世界后,一道彩虹就会现于空中,提醒我们要记得彼此欣赏。
  更多英语翻译类的技巧也可关注下北京新东方英语学习部的翻译系列课程,相信可以帮助到大家。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册 qq_login applogin wechat_login1

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表